st: benchmarking Stata on encrypted file systems

From   "Kaganova, Yevgeniya" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: benchmarking Stata on encrypted file systems
Date   Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:51:18 -0400

Dear statalisters:

I'm looking for information on Stata interaction with Secpoint.
Secpoint is a full disk encryption software.  I would appreciate any
pointers to benchmarks or even reports of personal experiences of
running Stata on a Secpoint-encrypted disk.  I suspect the combination
might be rare so I'll be grateful for information about comparable
software packages (other full-disk encryption software).

We are also interested in running some benchmarks ourselves.  Can you
recommend a benchmark suite so that we can run some tests with and
without the encryption?

Thank you for any help.
Jenya Kaganova