st: Arellano and Bond with many zeros

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Arellano and Bond with many zeros
Date   Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:09:01 +0200

dear all,
we are estimating an Arellano and Bond (AB) model, in which the dependent
variable is a ratio that is zero for a substantial part of the sample (about
30%). Before implementing the AB we have tested for selection bias and we have
rejected such an hypothesis. On the basis of this evidence, may we present the
AB estimates obtained for the full sample or do you reckon is more appropriate
to eliminate the zeros before estimating?
thank you very much for your suggestions
Maria