Re: st: RE: substringing long, varying length text variables into individual variables

From   Harriet Baker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: substringing long, varying length text variables into individual variables
Date   Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:11:47 -0400

why wouldn't you just split the case?
split stringvar, p ("I")

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/splitstr.html