Re: st: re: browsing a subset of panels in a panel dataset

From   postkarte <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: browsing a subset of panels in a panel dataset
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:14:17 +0200

Thanks for the immediate response, that's definitely much quicker than
my first solution! Using

bysort panel_identifier: egen want = total(binvar)

did the trick, whereas  "gen" with the sum option would rather result
in cumulative sums starting from 0, thereby essentially leaving out a
few observations.