Re: st: Download and parse html files (and regex trouble)

From   "Gabi Huiber" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Download and parse html files (and regex trouble)
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:06:28 -0400

In an earlier response of mine to this post I blamed the ...
(dot-dot-dot) special character for breaking my file read code. That
was not the reason.

The command file read `fh' line chokes on do-file lines where a
comment is inserted before the end of the line with the double forward
slash syntax. I have no idea how to make that go away. I tried
enclosing my file read/file write routine within this if-condition:

if !regexm("macval(`line')","[[a-zA-Z0-9][:punct:]]*\/\/"){
read line in this file
write line in that file
}

But that had no effect.