st: Download and parse html files

From   Sebastian Bauhoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Download and parse html files
Date   Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:20:10 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I need to download a large number of html files from the internet and parse their content. The structure of the html pages is always the same, and I need to extract only a small part that is identified within the html code. I would like to use Stata to download the files, extract the information I want, and save the result in a dataset. Any suggestions or pointers much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sebastian
*
* For searches and help try: