st: How to display how much of the process was completed

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to display how much of the process was completed
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:24:36 -0300 (BRT)

Dear all,

I wrote a program that uses a time-consuming looping. Thence, I would like
to show on the screen how much of the process was completed while the user
waits for the results.

It is very easy to accomplish that task using internal loops, but this
will look like:

10% done ...
20% done ...
30% done ...

All in different lines. Is there a way to do the same mentioned above in
one line only? that is:

Thank you for any help.

Cheers!

Tiago Pereira