Re: st: Problem with date variable in a macro

From   "Vladimir Vakhitov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with date variable in a macro
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:51:07 -0400

Josiane ,

You pass `1' to your program, where `1' takes values of 2004m? in
general. Then you run
gen month1 =`1',
which Stata understands as
gen month1 =2004m1
This is invalid. You may consider instead
gen month1="`1'"

Actually, the next line, with -destring- is also invalid and will not
get you what you want. See the syntax of that command.

If you need to get a month number from "2004m?" string, use -substr()-
function.

Vladimir.

--
Volodymyr Vakhitov