Re: st: too few quotes problem

Subject   Re: st: too few quotes problem
Date   Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:28:51 -0400

minimus <[email protected]>:

Your email address and lack of identifying information do not inspire
confidence, and I for one will not open attachments from an unknown
source, whether they have a .dta extension or not.  Also, traffic
should be kept on the list except as outlined in the FAQ.

As I hinted here:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-03/msg01096.html
you may have a defective installation of Stata.

Try
 update qu
and report the results of that and -about- to reassure us that is not
the problem.

Is ac006 a string variable, or is it labeled? If so, you may also want to try:
 replace ac006=subinstr(ac006,char(96),char(145),.)
 replace ac006=subinstr(ac006,char(34),char(39),.)
 labelbook, problems