Re: st: R: Adding variable from baseline file into cohort based file

From   Ziad El-Khatib <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: R: Adding variable from baseline file into cohort based file
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:39:16 -0700

Thank you again!
I tried it on dummy dataset, it matches 1 row per unique id and skips
the other ones, please see below under 'nvp' column, any tips?

the command is
use testbaseline.dta
merge using testmaster.dta,_merge(_merge)

testbaseline: has baseline info about patients
testmaster: has the cohort data, different time points per patient
(i.e. different row for the same id number)

id	nvp	vl	      _merge
1	1	12000    	3
1		123456	        2
1		7481592        2