st: re: error using prvalue

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: error using prvalue
Date   Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:13:54 -0400

Jn said

I tried -findit spost9- but I can't install for some reason. I have no
problem installing other .ado files but I get this error message:

checking spost9_ado consistency and verifying not already installed...
cannot write in directory ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/x

I am using Stata 10 IC for Mac OS X

In Terminal for Mac OS X,

cd ~/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado
chmod  -R  a+rwx  *

and you should be able to install in the appropriate directories.