st: RE: installing gam

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: installing gam
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:24:45 -0000

The last line -ssc inst gam- which appears by default is on this
occasion misleading.

. ssc copy

will copy to the current working directory or folder. Then you
need to unzip it using the program that is your favourite for that

LL Miller

I have been trying to install gam on stata (version 9.2) and have
encountered a number of problems. I initially installed it by typing
search gam and following the links that came up. This then didn't run
properly so I checked the stata web pages and found that I should have
installed it via the ssc command. I have uninstalled the previous
and typed 'ssc install gam' as suggested but it just tells me there is
'nothing to install'. Does anyone have any suggestions?