Re: st: Re: Loop syntax

From   "Vladimir Vakhitov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Loop syntax
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:10:47 -0400

Janet,

Talking just on a syntax matter, -then tcount==tcount+1- is incorrect.
If you need just a number at the end, announce a local first before
the loop and then increment this local within the loop:

local tcount=0
forvalues <...> {
  if <...> {
  local ++tcount
  }
}
di `tcount'

However, I think the other solutions proposed here are better, and I
just wanted to make a comment on the proper syntax of your command.

Vladimir.

--
Volodymyr Vakhitov