Statalist

st: RE: Obs per Group for xtregar

From   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <ralfaro@bcentral.cl>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Obs per Group for xtregar
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:42:55 -0300

///
Hi,

You could learn about the observations used by
Stata with e(sample). For example:

sysuse auto
reg price mpg if foreign==1
list price mpg foreign if e(sample)

About the minimum 1, it is possible that you
have missing data in your x variables. If not
you could have missing values in between which
implies less available observations. For
example, you have y for t=1, 3, 5 and 6. Then
you have 4 obs for that group but only 1 pair
is useful for the AR(1) model.

HTH
Rodrigo.