Re: st: mlogit and mfx -- statistical significance

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mlogit and mfx -- statistical significance
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:09:53 +0000 (GMT)

Unfortunately the answer is "it depends, and you really need to
understand why the two are different in order to choose". The real
issue is: do you want to control for the marginal distribution, that
is, the baseline odds? If you do, then you want to look add the odds
ratios, otherwise you want to look at the risk differences.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam