Re: st: computing average partial effect in nonlinear models using forecasted distribution of x-variables

From   Jn <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: computing average partial effect in nonlinear models using forecasted distribution of x-variables
Date   Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:22:59 -0400

Thanks for that helpful quote. I did notice if I were to run a
standard linear regression before working with -adjust- command, my
new predicted values were in the right range (around 0.10). But if I
use -logit-, I get values around (0.05) which is way off and makes no
sense. Given that I am trying to use the future projected mean for
some of my x-variables (which is why I am doing running these
postestimation commands in the first place), I don't think there is a
way around fixing my problem if I were using a logit regression. Do
you think it would be far too incorrect for me to run a standard
linear regression just for this purpose only (forecasting future
probability of a positive outcome)? At least I get reasonable
predicted values that way..

- student