st: mlogit and mfx -- statistical significance

From   "David Zetland" <>
Subject   st: mlogit and mfx -- statistical significance
Date   Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:44:30 -0700

Can anyone explain why some RHS vars are significant in <mlogit> but
not in <mfx> (and vice versa)?

I have several RHS dummies, but the problem also shows up with <margeff>

Should I care? What can be done about it? How do I interpret results?

I have searched the FAQs and forums and seen similar questions but no answers

The measure of a man is what he does with power. -- Plato

David Zetland ( 530-848-9208
PhD Candidate, Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Davis