st: experience with STATA for student use

From   "P. Rao Sahib" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: experience with STATA for student use
Date   Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:12:58 +0100

Dear Stata users, I am exploring the option of using STATA for teaching for a senior bachelor level/master level course. I am curious about the experiences of others at universities with using STATA for teaching. EVIEWS (an econometric software package) is already installed in the student computer labs so acquiring any additional competing software needs justification. I prefer STATA as my students work mainly with panel data models and EVIEWS seems very time-series oriented (and has fewer internet resources to learn more about the program). I would happy for any tips/advice regarding using STATA on student networks, Gradplan or using small STATA.

Dr. Padma Rao Sahib
Department of International Economics and Business
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
Groningen, The Netherlands
*