Re: st: RE: omega statistic

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: omega statistic
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:35:56 -0500

.

Hi Tony,

Omega2 by Phil Ender is a measure of effect size following ANOVA. Amresh was interested in the logit model.

-Dave

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Lachenbruch, Peter wrote:

There is a package omega2 that can be used after anova. It was written
by Phil Ender.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Hanchate,
Amresh
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: omega statistic

Hi all:
I was wondering if there is a Stata implementation of the "omega
statistic" (Silber, Rosenbaum and Ross (1995)) "for comparing the
contributions of subsets of predictors in a multiple regression model
(including generalized linear models, survival models, etc.)".

Silber, J. H., Rosenbaum, P. R. and Ross, R. N. (1995) Comparing the
Contributions of Groups of Predictors: Which Outcomes Vary with
Hospital Rather than Patient Characteristics? JASA 90, 7-18.

Are there other similar methods that Stata can estimate? I am
particularly interested in logistic regression case.

Thanks in advance,
Amresh Hanchate

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

*
--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Pharmacology Research Assistant Professor

Department of Pharmacology
School of Medicine
Vanderbilt University
Rm 8158A Bldg MR3