AW: st: betacoef for new variable?

From   Fabian Nagel <>
Subject   AW: st: betacoef for new variable?
Date   Fri, 21 Mar 2008 02:09:02 +0100

1.) Pryvet Vladimir,
spasiba for your quick response.

So far I adopted Vladimir´s advice.

forvalues i=1/30 {
xi: reg conver lag_log_ssegdp i.year if country==`i', noconstant
return list
matrix list r(beta)

This results in:
r(beta) : 1 x 27
(for each of the 30 countries)

But somehow I don`t get the trick, when I try to use -svmat- for saving the values as variables. Or ist any other operation more suiteable to transform those beta-coefficients into new a new list of variables?

If anyone has any idea I will appreciate it,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Vladimir Vakhitov
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. März 2008 00:17
Betreff: Re: st: betacoef for new variable?

1. Beta-coefficients are calculated based on your regression. If you
want to include betas for every year, include annual dummies into your
For example:
xi: conver lag_log_ssegdp i.year if country==`i', noconstant

2. -r(beta)- is a matrix, and you are trying to save the matrix into
the variable, that is why you are getting an error r(109). Look for
-matrix subscription- in Help to see how to address individual
elements of the matrix.

Best wishes,