Re: st: Split Population Survival Models (Cure Models)

From   Srini <>
Subject   Re: st: Split Population Survival Models (Cure Models)
Date   Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:46:39 -0700 (PDT)

An excellent question indeed. Let me get back to you after reading again some of the references that I have.

--- On Thu, 3/20/08, Maarten buis <> wrote:

From: Maarten buis <>
Subject: Re: st: Split Population Survival Models (Cure Models)
Date: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 7:13 AM

--- Srini <> wrote:
> I am looking for split population Cox proportional hazard models for
> continuous time data (the date of an event is exactly known). Both
> STRSMIX (and its variation STRSNMIX) and LNCURE estimate parametric
> models while SPSURV seems to estimate discrete time Cox Model. Is
> there any other do file that I am missing?

This is just my gut feeling here, but are you sure a cure model is
defined in a Cox proportional hazard model? A cure model is all about a
moddeling the shape of the baseline survivor function, while in Cox
regression the whole point is that the baseline hazard function
completely drops out of the likelihood.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam