st: Cluster dendrogram

From   "Davis Mike" <>
Subject   st: Cluster dendrogram
Date   Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:11:33 +0900

Dear STATA list

I have a question about Cluster dendrogram.

Now, I am using the cluster analisis as follows.

cluster ward var1 var2 var...., measure(matching) name(cluster)

After that, I try "cluster dendrogram cluster" as the postclustering.

However, error message "too many leaves; consider using the cutvalue()
or cutnumber() options" appears.

When there are many observations, the dendrogram would become too crowded.
However, I would not like to limit the dendrogram.

Would you please teach me how to remove the limit of the dendrogram?

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Mike Davis