Re: st: graph piecewise constant baseline hazard

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: graph piecewise constant baseline hazard
Date   Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:35:24 +0000 (GMT)

--- Chiara Mussida <> wrote:
> but it is a little confusing: my model is a piecewise constant,
> estimated with the commsnad stpiece, but the example below shows a
> streg ans stsplit...

-stpiece- does the same thing as I did in my example, however in order
to predict you need to make sure that the restructuring of the data,
and the new variables -stpiece- makes while estimating the model remain
in memory when the command finishes. You can do that with the
-nopreserve- option.

*-------------- begin example ----------------
sysuse cancer, clear
sum age
replace age = age-r(mean)
gen id = _n
stset studytim, failure(died) id(id)
xi: stpiece i.drug age, tp(5 10 20) nopreserve
adjust _Idrug_2=0 _Idrug_3=0 age=0, gen(xb)
gen haz = exp(xb)

twoway line haz _t0, c(J) sort
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081