Re: st: Mac version and windows version

From   "Tom Trikalinos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mac version and windows version
Date   Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:32:19 -0400

It may be that -given parallels- your Mac is configured to open the
windows generated files using the parallels Stata version.
The same happens to me with Crossover office and Word documents.

I bet you can open it by writing
. use ~/Desktop/myFileName.dta , clear
or whatever the path is.

Or, option click (right click) on the file, open with and browse to
the native OSx Stata in your Applications folder, specify show all
programs is Stata is greyed out, and off you go.

Sure you can fix it permanently - i was too lazy to search how.

hth