st: marginal effects xtlogit fe (unreasonable output)

From   "M.F. Boons" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: marginal effects xtlogit fe (unreasonable output)
Date   Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:57:01 +0100

When using mfx compute, predict(pu0) I get the following conditional probability.

Marginal effects after xtlogit
      y  = Pr(GasHedge|fixed effect is 0) (predict, pu0)
         =  .99999482

This seems very unreasonable, as do the marginal effects Stata lists.

When one specific independent variable is deleted from the equation the problem vanishes, does anyone know what could explain the effect of this variable on the output? Or am I just doing something wrong?