Re: st: ttest or xtmelogit?

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   "Statalist" <>
Subject   Re: st: ttest or xtmelogit?
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:11:57 +0900

David Airey wrote:

. . . I wonder if reviewers will buy this kind of
supporting documentation for analysis choice down the road.

One approach to using an asymptotic method here would be to reference the
resulting test statistic (-xtlogit-'s likelihood-ratio chi-square, for
instance) against its empirical distribution in simulation under the null
hypothesis using the study's sample sizes and with the observed rho instead
of against the chi-square distribution.  Wouldn't this overcome objections
that an asymptotic method, such as -xtlogit-, doesn't maintain Type I error
rate with small samples?  I wonder how well this approach would be received.

Joseph Coveney