Re: st: booststraping in two stage models

From   "Danny Cohen-Zada" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: booststraping in two stage models
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:17:35 +0200

I will give you an example why it matters if the two procedures are equivalent. Suppose that i have an ivprobit model with clustering. The ivprobit, two step does not allow to cluster. In this case i have to do it by hand. I did it as you suggest. Then, i took the regular case (without clastering) and found that the two procedures give different results. What do you think?

Best,

Danny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leonor Saravia" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: st: booststraping in two stage models

Danny,

Stata has the ivprobit command, which allow you to calculate the
bootstrapped standard errors. So you can estimate your model using it:
ivprobit, vce(boot)

Also, you can do it by hand:

1) estimate the first stage.
2) use predict, pp
3) estimate the second stage by probit (in which we substiture pp instead
of the endogenous regressor). Here you can use the - vce(boot) - option

I hope this help,

Leonor