st: RE: RE: RE: Confidence Interval for Proportion

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Confidence Interval for Proportion
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:02:19 -0000

Coverage using the -exact- option is not really exact, but conservative.
The -exact- option is so called because it uses the exact distribution
of the sample proportion value, under each population proportion value,
to calculate confidence limits whose coverage probability is (if
anything) conservative.

Roger

Roger B Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics