Re: st: modifying a macro containing variable names

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: modifying a macro containing variable names
Date   Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:58:36 +0000 (GMT)

I started by recreating your error messages and thus created the global
$ivlist, but than in my solution changed it into a local. I did not
change that everywhere,  but because the global still hang around, I
did not get an error message. The correct code should be:

*----------------- begin example ------------------
sysuse auto, clear
reg mpg displacement turn gear_ratio
local ivlist "displacement turn gear_ratio"
foreach var of varlist `ivlist' {
	local list1 : list ivlist - var
	di "`list1'"
	local numvars : word count (`list1')