Statalist


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

Re: st: modifying a macro containing variable names


From   Maarten buis <maartenbuis@yahoo.co.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: modifying a macro containing variable names
Date   Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:58:36 +0000 (GMT)

I started by recreating your error messages and thus created the global
$ivlist, but than in my solution changed it into a local. I did not
change that everywhere,  but because the global still hang around, I
did not get an error message. The correct code should be: 

*----------------- begin example ------------------
sysuse auto, clear
reg mpg displacement turn gear_ratio
local ivlist "displacement turn gear_ratio"
foreach var of varlist `ivlist' {
	local list1 : list ivlist - var
	di "`list1'"
	local numvars : word count (`list1')
	adjust `list1', xb by(foreign)
	sum `list1'
}
*-------------- end example -----------------------

Sorry,
Maarten



-----------------------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Department of Social Research Methodology
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:
Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434

+31 20 5986715

http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/
-----------------------------------------


      ___________________________________________________________ 
Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with Yahoo! For Good  

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/
*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index