Re: Re: st: R: Patients missing visits

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: R: Patients missing visits
Date   Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:44:21 +0100

Dear Ziad,

I am afraid I am missing something in your below reported message.

You say you do not know how many patients do not undergo a scheduled visit.

You can probably fix this first drawback by creating the -id- variable for
each patient.

Let's assume that we have a dataset including some clinical variables (eg:
follow-up visits each one performed after a given interval of time)
concerning 10 patients.

We can conveniently create what follows:
------------------------------------
set obs 10

g id=_n

Further statistical analyses will be easier after this procedure.

Another relevant issue is to determine the reason why some patients have
missing visits, that is the mechanism generating missing values in your data
set: is this missing completely at random (MCAR), missing at random (MAR),
not missing at random (NMAR)???

HTH and Kind Regards,

Carlo