Re: st: Re: ST clarify

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: ST clarify
Date   Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:29:07 +0000 (GMT)

--- Eric Uslaner <> wrote:
> Clive Nicholas said that Gary King's "clarify" is "now abandoned."
> Permit me to dissent: clarify is alive and well in political science
> circles on this side of the pond.  It is regularly used in
> professional papers and in journals and we teach it in our statistics
> courses.

I persume that the Clive meant that the author of -clarify- no longer
develops it, which would make sense as Gary King seems to have become
more interested in R than in Stata. That does not mean that -clarify-
is discredited, or that others stopped using it. If it will remain
popular and if there is room for improvement, someone else will
eventually create a -clarify2- or contact Gary King to get permision to
further develop -clarify-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam