Statalist

RE: st: Gamma functions in R and Stata's Gamma Functions

From   "Newson, Roger B" <r.newson@imperial.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Gamma functions in R and Stata's Gamma Functions
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:40:35 -0000

I do not think there is any need to invoke R from within Stata to
calculate incomplete gamma functions. If you type, in Stata,

whelp density functions

then you will get the Stata online help for density and distribution
functions. This documents the function gammap(), which is Stata's
implementation of the incomplete gamma function. And if you type, in
Stata,

whelp functions

then you will get the on-line help for many other functions available
within Stata.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger B Newson