st: logit and LOESS graphs

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   st: logit and LOESS graphs
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2008 13:05:36 +0000 (GMT)

--- Chris wrote:
> 1. Does anyone know how to perform LOESS in Stata?  I know how to do

> this in R but I'd prefer to avoid that, because R is memory
> inefficient.
> 2. Is there a way to display a logit curve?

Given the combination of question I am assuming you are looking for
something like the example below. However, there ares some weird jumps
in the lowess curve that I cannot explain.

-- Maarten

*----------- begin example ------------------
sysuse auto, clear
logit foreign mpg