Re: st: RE: difficult ML program

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: difficult ML program
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:21:06 +0000 (GMT)

--- Maarten buis <[email protected]> wrote:
> This looks suspiciously like the log likelihood of an exponential
> regression in excelerated failure time format

Another possibility is that you are trying to recreate a Cox
regression. I remember that at the 2007 Nordic Stata Users Meeting
someone made a remark that you estimate a Cox regression using a simple
parametric survival model (I think exponential but I am not sure) with
lots of dummies for time. Was anyone on this list also at the 2007
Nordic Stata Users Meeting and remember more details about this remark
(or made the remark)?

Anyhow, if this is the case than what you are trying to do is
inefficient (computationaly, and with respect to your time, not
statistically), and you are much better off using -stcox-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081