st: char extraction

From   "Fred Wolfe" <>
Subject   st: char extraction
Date   Thu, 6 Mar 2008 06:34:40 -0600

I usually store the contents of selected global macros as char _dta in
my data sets. That gives me easy access to them. However, when I am
merging, the using file characteristics do not seem (to me) to be
available. Does anyone know how the _dta char of a using data file can
be obtained simply (I can think of complicated ways to do it)?

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
NDB Office  +1 316 263 2125 Ext 0
Research Office +1 316 686 9195