st: RE: RE: Re: Compositional data

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: Compositional data
Date   Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:50:19 -0500

Nick Cox wrote:

>>For more details on the Aitchison book, which sells under a slightly
different title, see<<

Whoops. Yes, it's Statistical Analysis of Compositional Data... sitting
right there on the shelf in front of me.

>>A project of mine for 2008, already started, is to publish Stata
programs for alternatives
to such plots, all using some kind of transformation, including some
suggested by Aitchison.<<

Interesting. I look forward to seeing these, as reading a triangle plot
is difficult and often misleading, because the metric is so far from