st: From: "E. Golovko" <>

Subject   st: From: "E. Golovko" <>
Date   Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:02:26 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to estimate the following model:
i have n firms, each firm has a bundle of 3 products, characterized by the different resource allocation for each product, measured in % which sums up to 100%.
That is, e.g.  firm 1 has 20% of production devoted to product 1, 30% to product 2, etc., 100% in total.
I would like to explain the resource allocation choice by a firm.  Thus, the dependent variable is actually 3 variables, which are continuous variables (% of resources) and are interdependent.

Which econometric model should I use and how to handle this in stata?
Thanks very much in advance,