st: linear and quadratic trend analysis

From   Shelly Mahon <>
Subject   st: linear and quadratic trend analysis
Date   Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:49:58 -0700

Hi there,
I am conducting a study using the National AddHealth data set.  After running factorial anovas, it is clear that I need to follow up with a trend analysis.  I figured out how to run graphs, but does anyone have information on running the statistical tests for trends.  The study has four continuous outcome variables, plus sex, age, and grade level with one  categorical independent variable.  Any help is much appreciated.

Shelly Mahon
Ph.D. Candidate
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Human Development and Family Studies