Re: st: Stata programming: While Command

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata programming: While Command
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:11:53 +0000 (GMT)

--- Leonor Saravia <> wrote:
>                                                          First step:
> regress TAX EXP, robust
>    predict tax_hat
>                                                          Second step:
> xtreg INV tax_hat, fe

Eva has already given you an answer. I have just an aditional comment:
Since you are using the first regression only to generate predicted
values, the -robust- option will do nothing. The -robust- option only
changes the standard errors, and leaves the regression coefficients,
and thus also the predicted values, unchanged.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081