st: Bug in new executable

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   "statalist" <>
Subject   st: Bug in new executable
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:12:28 +0900

In the do-file editor it is possible to highlight some lines of code and
run these.

On the results screen, the first line that would appear would be
something like this.

. do "C:\Users\kamccaul\AppData\Local\Temp\STD00000000.tmp"

This still works OK.

But suppose instead of hitting the do button, I hit the run button.

Now what appears is this:

. run "C:\Studies - WACHA\_DATA FILES\deaths\"

The run command is now running the file that contains the code that I
have highlighted.
I can't remember if this is what it did before, but my memory is that it
used to run the highlighted text as a .tmp file.

The problem is that if I close the do-file editor, open it again, and
open the file I just ran, the only things in there are the lines of code
that I highlighted and ran.  All other lines are deleted.

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House