Re: st: converting a local of variable names in string variables

From   "Sarah Cohodes" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: converting a local of variable names in string variables
Date   Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:52:02 -0500

Hi Johannes,

Try the user installed module -sxpose- by Nick Cox (see:
http://econpapers.repec.org/software/bocbocode/s446402.htm) if you
want to transpose your dataset with string variables.  To install,
type:

ssc install sxpose

Then you can merge on your ID using -merge-; it doesn't matter if the
identification variable you use is string or not.

Good luck,
Sarah