Re: st: Poisson model with interaction term

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Poisson model with interaction term
Date   Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:39:26 +0000 (GMT)

--- wrote:
> I’m estimating a Poisson model, which includes an interaction term
> and I need to compute the impact (marginal effect) of x1 on lnY.
> I have found on SJ an article “Computing interaction effects and
> standard errors in Logit and Probit models”, by Norton, Wang and Ai
> (2004), who warn that for nonlinear models
>  Please notice that my interest is  computing the effect of x1 on lnY
> ,  I’m not interested in the marginal effect of the interaction term,
> nor in the effect of  x1 on E(Y), because my dependent variable is
> not a count.

If you are only interested in the effect on ln(y) than it is no longer
a non-linear model, so the article by Norton et al. is no longer
-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081