st: Extracting from returned Matrix

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Extracting from returned Matrix
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:37:06 +0100

I am so sick of this: trying to extract an e()-class result stored in a
matrix. All I want is to show the development of the upper and lower bound
of the ci for the mean in

webuse fuel
mean mpg1 mpg2

mean mpg*, vce(bootstrap, reps(100))

mean mpg*, vce(bootstrap, reps(1000))

I know the result is stored in "matrix list e(ci_normal)". Now how do I
extract the upper and lower bound (to post them to a postfile and later plot
the two in a tw (line ub lb) (line ub lb)-type of graph)? I can get the
stuff into a matrix but where do I go from there? I have been reading the
User`s guide up and down, but as far as I can tell, it dodges the

Thanxx for any help,
Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36