Re: st: storing coefficients of reg3 command

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: storing coefficients of reg3 command
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:29:44 +0000 (GMT)

--- "Armelini, Guillermo" <> wrote:
> I need a stata code that allows me to store in a matrix the beta
> coefficients and the t statistic of B1.

The basic strategy is discussed in (Buis 2007) of which a
pre-publication draft is availabel from here:

The only thing that is special in commands like -reg3- is that the
results are from multiple equations, so instead of refering to
_b[variable] and _se[variable] to get the parameter estimate and its
standard error you get these by [equation]_b[variable] and
[equation]_se[variable]. See the example below:

*---------------- begin example -----------------
webuse klein
reg3 (consump wagepriv wagegovt) (wagepriv consump govt capital1)
matrix foo = [consump]_b[wagepriv], ///
matrix list foo
*----------------- end example ------------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis (2007) "Stata tip 54: Where did my p-values go?", The
Stata Journal, 7(4), pp.584-586.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good