Re: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program

From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:52:33 -0500

Thanks for the correction -- I forgot the exact syntax (guess I should have read the on-line help before posting...).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maarten buis" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 2:16 AM
Subject: Re: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program

--- Michael Blasnik <> wrote:
It would be easiest to make this a "required" option because you
could then use the numlist syntax.

syntax ..., values(numlist min=1 max=49 integer ascending)
Very true, but min and max here refer to the number of element, so you
will want to fix those at 6, and the range is governed by > and <. So
to require everybody to give a list of 6 integers between 0 and 50
(exclusive) and to sort those numbers you type:

syntax ... , values(numblist min=6 max=6 >0 <50 sort integer)

This way the block of code Michael added for checking the number of
elements in `values' becomes unnecesary.

Hope this helps,