AW: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:27:03 +0100

thanxx for the advice but what goes for the dots in "syntax..., values"? I
really cannot get this to work, everytime I try it, I get error codes r(197)
and r(198)...

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415
72074 Tuebingen

Fon: 0049-7071-2978184

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Februar 2008 08:17
Betreff: Re: st: Re: Pass Integers to Program

--- Michael Blasnik <> wrote:
> It would be easiest to make this a "required" option because you
> could then use the numlist syntax.
> syntax ..., values(numlist min=1 max=49 integer ascending)

Very true, but min and max here refer to the number of element, so you
will want to fix those at 6, and the range is governed by > and <. So
to require everybody to give a list of 6 integers between 0 and 50
(exclusive) and to sort those numbers you type:

syntax ... , values(numblist min=6 max=6 >0 <50 sort integer)

This way the block of code Michael added for checking the number of
elements in `values' becomes unnecesary.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good