st: Best method for imputing dichotomous variables

From   René Wevers <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Best method for imputing dichotomous variables
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:07:57 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

This question is related to a previous question I posed in "st: Issue with
multiple imputation -ICE-".

If I want to impute missing values of dichotomous (dummy) variables, what is
the best method to apply? The -ice- command here seems to be a bad option,
since running this command has shown to provide unreliable results. What
would then be the best option in which circumstance? :

-imputerasch- (
-imputemok- (
Any other???

The dataset is very large (10.000+) and the amount of missing values of the
dummy variables in question never exceed 20%.

Thanks and greetings,