Re: st: st predicting probabilities after ivprobit

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: st predicting probabilities after ivprobit
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:02:39 -0500

At 04:21 PM 2/13/2008, wrote:
Dear Statalisters,

I would appreciate if anybody could let me know whethere there is
anything like "prchange" commnad after ivprobit in STATA 9. I am
trying to estimate the size-effect of some independent variables on
the dependent one (e.g. the effect of minus/plu 1/2 standard deviation
below and above the mean of the key independent variables on the
probability that an event occurs), but I have been unable to work out
how to do it after "ivprobit". Suggestions are welcome!
prchange is part of Long & Freese's -spost9- package and can be located via -findit-. I know what their routines often do is create and temporarily append fake cases to the data set, where these cases have the desired values, e.g. a half sd above the mean or a half sd below the mean. Their commands then use predict commands to get the predicted probabilities for these cases.

Also, sometimes you can use the -adjust- command for similar purposes.

I describe similar procedures on pp. 7-10 of

Whether ivprobit raises some sort of special concerns that make the procedure more complicated or inappropriate, I don't know.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: