st: Controlling display format for -addlabel- option on -histogram-

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "statalist hsphsun2. harvard. edu" <>
Subject   st: Controlling display format for -addlabel- option on -histogram-
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:19:05 +0000

A colleague was producing some bar charts using -histogram-, using the -addlabel- option to add the actual values at the top of each bar. (I find this a futile exercise, but some folks like it.)

He found that his labels were being added with two or even three places of decimals. For the life of me I cannot find how to use the - histogram- graph dialogue to control the display format. Can it be done?

P Before printing, think about the environment
Ronan Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
120 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95

* For searches and help try: