st: RE: xtserial

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: xtserial
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:35:56 -0000

You are asked to explain where non-official commands you use come from.
-xtserial- is a program written by David Drukker and published in Stata
Journal 3(2) 2003, as -findit xtserial- will tell you.

The help for -xtserial- tells you that it requires a varlist. In the
absence of a varlist, -xtserial- should tell you that one is required. I
am not quite clear why you got the error message you got from typing
-xtserial-. Perhaps you in fact typed something else, or there is
something you are not telling us. r(2000) often arises because a command
that expects numeric variables is choking on a string variable.

Whatever the details, I recommend that you following the syntax
indicated in the help.

Koksal, Bulent

I estimate a fe panel model

.xtreg y x1 x2, fe

and everything works fine. then I want to test for correlation by

but I get

no observations